Monday, June 27, 2011

A New Start

I suppose a welcome post should be in order. This is going to be my blog for sharing the next few years of my life. It's been a big year and I felt like I needed a new start. For the first time in my life I'm happy with where I am and how things are, and I have a few concrete plans for the future, and I'm actually working toward them.

We're renting a small 2 bedroom apartment in one of Melbourne's outer city suburbs - close to work and university for both of us. Gorgeous little place, above a business. Circa 1950s, with a lot of interesting quirks - I think a lot of DIY went into it when it was converted into a living space. But that's not necessarily a bad thing cos there's lots of things to do to fix up the things that need it, and to get things how we want them.

In the meantime, we've fallen in love with an area about 1 hour or so drive from where we live, outside the city. Mountains, trees, ferns, crisp air and big lakes all near enough that we can get to work or the city easily when we need to. So, that's the plan. Over the next few years we're working toward that, our Mountain Forest House. And all the things that pop-up.

Follow me @mountainforesthouse on Instagram and Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment